JLF Houston Blogging Contest
Channel your inner writer! Put pen to paper, fire up your laptop and get your ideas out there. Choose one or more of the topics listed below; send us a piece on each and win a chance to be published on JLF Houston social media handles and a pass to attend sessions at JLF Houston.
Email us your entries at JLFLitfest@gmail.com
Please write a blog on any of the following topics:
2. Native American Culture and History
3. Industrial Capitalism
4. Racial Identity and History in the United States
5. LGBTQ Literature
6. Food and Globalization
7. India-Pakistan Partition
8. Terrorism in the United States
9. Middle-Eastern Politics
You may choose to write in a style you are most comfortable with – creative or reportage. An example of each style of writing is linked here:
Creative writing style: http://metawards.com/blog/loose-woman-by-maya-krishna-rao-an-intense-experience
Reportage style: https://jaipurliteraturefestival.org/ancient-dna-who-we-are-and-how-we-got-here/
The best of all entries received will be published on the festival website and JLF social media handles.
The 5 most promising entrants will be chosen to be official festival bloggers at JLF Houston. They will get to attend sessions at JLF Houston.
The last date to submit your entries is 4th September 2019. Winners will be announced on 6th September 2019.
Guidelines for submission:
1. Each person can submit a maximum of three entries. However, if an entry is selected, no further entries will be accepted. Selected participants will be informed via email.
2. Writing can be in any form (poetry, story, book review, author analysis, etc.) and must relate to one of the themes of the competition.
3. Entries must be sent as a Word document as an attachment with an email (No .pdf please). Please use Times New Roman Font in 12-14 size.
4. Include your name, age, occupation, city of residence, contact number and email address within the document itself. The maximum word limit is 1000 words per entry. 50 lines in case of a poem.
5. Entries must not contain any vulgar, obscene, defamatory, pornographic or violent content or content detrimental to national interest.
6. Deadline to submit entries is 4th September 2019.
7. Announcement of winners will be on 6th September 2019.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Age limit to submit entries is 18 years and above.
2. Judges decision will be final and binding.
3. Upon selection, you agree for your work to be redrafted with or without consultation at the discretion of the Festival Blog Editor.
4. Each entrant grants the license to Teamwork Arts Pvt. Ltd. to feature any of their submissions on any of their websites, or promotional material connected to this competition and the festival.
5. Those selected as winners for the festival must attend a writing workshop and orientation, through Skype or a similar interface, on dates to be informed at the time of announcement of winnersThis training workshop with the JLF Blogging Team is mandatory for all bloggers.
6. Winners will receive blogger certificates from JLF Houston at the end of the festival.
7. This competition is open to local participants. However, all arrangements for travel boarding and lodging will be the responsibility of bloggers including the expenses. Festival will provide lunch coupons to the bloggers for both the days.
8. Only access to the festival that is allowed.
9. Bloggers will be required to write blogs about the sessions and the festival every day during the festival. Their work will be published on http://jlflitfest.org/
10. Bloggers will get opportunities to interact with the press, industry experts and authors during the festival to blog about apart from sessions. They will also receive one-on-one mentoring sessions with the Festival Blog Editor to help in their blogs.
11. Meet and greet with selected speakers for the winners of the competition.
12. Any misbehavior and clash with organizers, authors, and attendees or taking undue advantage of the facilities provided will lead to expulsion from the blogger team and the festival, with immediate effect.
13. Teamwork Arts reserves the right to alter the guidelines and terms and conditions at any time.
14. A certificate will be given to the winners.